About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, explorer, crafter, teacher and lover of life.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Purse Craft and Candy Store

Hello! Today in my charge are girl scouts Sunny (3) and Nora (5). After lunch they asked to make a craft. They know I'm a sucker for craft hour. I didn't have anything on deck for once though, so I asked them to think of anything they might want to make. Sunny requested a real live elephant. Nora, ever the more practical of the two, suggested we make purses. Ah and just after I picked up a stack of felt on sale at Joann's last week! What a simple project! I decided I might make a fancier attempt at felt purses when I don't have two little girls climbing my legs with excitement.

As it is, each little clutch took me about 5 minutes to complete. I just folded a sheet of felt twice, sewed up the sides, turned inside out, sewed a button on the flap and cut a slit for the button hole. Voila!

Sunny's:


Nora's:


I let them decorate them with stickers (but ain't the possibilities just endless??) then I set up a candy shop with Sunny's toy cash register, a bucket of plastic lollipops, marbles for jaw breakers, craft puffs for gumdrops, etc. and gave them each some change to keep in their purses for candy shopping. Obviously this day's activity is not for kids under 3 and these 2 know better than to put anything in their mouths. Every kid is different so always use your best judgement about these things. Don't sue the troopleader if your kid has a Curious George moment with a nickel or a marble!





Stay tuned, as I plan to post a lot of photos and info about fun projects and outings of the past, then post a new one every day to inspire you and your little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment